Western Ranges Zone Championships
When: November 30th & December 1st 2019
Entries are now being accepted for the 2019/20 Zone Championships. Entries for this year’s championships are being accepted via the club here or in-person at the club on Monday 4th November.
Parents and athletes will have the opportunity to enter the championships directly via the zone website prior to the closing date.
The closing date for entries this year will be November 4th 2019. After this date no new entries will be accepted.
Entrants will have up to a week after close of Registrato check their entry on the website and make any changes to events or a correction to their entry.
The Entries will be entered into the Meet Manager Carnival System. After the entries are entered they will undergo a series of checking for errors against the original submissions. Once this process has been completed the final entries will be distributed to centres and on the zone website.
Please note that in the event an error is identified between the entry list/program and the original submission, and not found in our checking process we will be happy to correct it. However, there will be no other changes made.
In the event that more than one entry is received for the same athlete we will endeavour to identify the correct entry. If we are unsuccessful we will assume the last entry we receive is correct.
If you have any question in relation to this, please feel free to contact me via the below.
Draft Program 2019
What significance does the Zone Championships have?
The Zone Championships are for age groups 7-17 years and is the first in a series of Championships. An athlete who competes at Zone can then go to the Regional Championships and then to State Championships.
- Carnival Starts at 9am both day, Please ensure you are there no later than 8.30am
- Chief Officials sign on at 8am both days.
- Parental helps sign on at 8.45am.
- Official opening of Carnival will occur at 8.50am
- Timed event athletes are to be at marshalling 20 minutes before your event
- All athletes must compete in their correct club uniform which should have their registration number on the front, Coles patch on the top right and age patch on the left hand side of their top or shorts. The centre 59 number is no longer required.
- There will be a march past of all club athletes around midday on the Saturday, all track and field events will stop for the march past.
What are the uniform requirements to compete at NSW Little Athletics Championships?
At all NSW Little Athletic sanctioned Championships there are uniform requirements. If the uniform is not correct, an athlete can be informed that they cannot compete. A uniform for any of the Championships must have the following:
· age patch
· rego number
Is Parental Assistance Required?
Yes. All centres participating at Zone and Regionals have to provide officials to help run the program. A roster is prepared allocating a family to a cover a part of the program eg Smith family between 2-4pm on Long Jump.
If you progress to Regional and can not attend PLEASE advise the Club you are not going ASAP
1. ZONE to REGION - Our Regions has two zones (Western Ranges and Western Plains), we are Western Rangers, and will have four automatic places progress. Then a maximum of four next best qualifiers from each region will also be taken through to the respective regions. Making a total of up to 16 athletes in each event at each region.
If you gain a place in an event and are not progressing to the next level of competition, you MUST let the Championship Officer from Bathurst know, so that next best athlete can be notified ASAP
If you have any questions, please approach any member of the committee.
Past Years Zone Results